Saturday, February 14, 2009

photos from Martin

Local chapter of 4-H.
Town scene.

Local leaders making their action plans during the conference.

Cooking for a crowd at the leaders’ conference.

The church building in Kabala – note the adapted logo.

Begali, the housekeeper at the home we are staying, washing clothes.

Who needs a dry cleaner when hot coals will press your clothes?

Martin and Friends.


One of the drums used in worship.

The pulpit.


Church members in Foria coming up the hill to greet us with a welcome song.

One of the many rough places on SL roads – here we had to get out of the vehicle for better clearance.

Joel and Karifa in Alikalia. Karifa is holding a solar-powered audio Bible in the Kuranko language – quite an innovative design.

No MEC child backpacks in ; these – from a single piece of clothe - are more efficient.


Communal lunch.

Meeting inside the church in Foria.

Outdoor cooking. Nobody cooks inside.


Plantanes, fried in palm oil.

The WC – and a pretty decent one at that. But no throne.

Dennis and his namesake.

Anthony and Mara, church leaders in Foria.

In Badala (sp?), resting in the shade in the middle of our cross-country trekking.

Downtown Kabala.

Boys building the framework for a chicken coop at the home where we are staying.

2 comments:

anne said...

Hi Grandpa!
"Happy Valentines Day! I hope you are doing fun- someday I wish you could coma back to visit us! I hope you'll play with me with all my fun stuff! Love, Ella"
"Dear grandpa, I hope you're having a fun time in Africa! I miss you so much! I wish that you could come an play legos with me and draw! Love, Tristan"

Win-D said...

Hi Mart,
Wow, the pictures tell their own stories.
I would have a tough time there I'm sure.
Great that you are representing all of us.
God bless and hi to Dennis and Joel.
Winn and Dick