Friday, March 6, 2009

Interdependence Video

I put together this video to share a snapshot (OK, a video shot) of our time in Sierra Leone and a dream of how the body of Christ might grow more interdependent. The Christian Reformed World Missions video "Troubled Waters" is a great video from 2005, which gives a helpful history of the CRC's relationship with the Koinadugu District in Sierra Leone. If you have access to it, watch it first. If you're interested in a DVD copy - higher quality - of this video, leave me (Joel) a comment.

Finally, a few disclaimers:
1 Steven Spielberg I am not. Nor did I have a staff or budget like SS. Still, my apologies for the bumpy edits and sound fluxtuations. Some might suggest it makes the production homely and quaint ... and mean it in a good way.
2 At the point in the video where the screen is black for 7 seconds, just imagine how poignant a moment it would've been if I'd been able to properly insert the CRC in NA symbol (or your own church logo).
3 I thought I was geek enough getting this DVD on YouTube, so when I realized that there was an annoying "Evaluation Copy" plastered accross the screen the whole time from the shareware video converter I downloaded, there was no turning back ...



No comments: